GROUP TOURS & SCHOOL TOURS
Advance arrangements are required for groups of 8 or more, and for special date/time requests. Private group tours are available for groups or organizations for set donations of $12/person ($120 minimum). Special discounted rate of $5/person for school groups (grades 4-12) and $10/person for senior groups.
Please contact us a few weeks in advance to find out if we have a guide available for your special tour.
Play tourist on your own turf and explore San Francisco the best way possible - on foot with City Guides. From the bohemian atmosphere of North Beach to the grandeur of palatial hotels to delightful Victorian architecture, our trained guides share an intimate look at San Francisco on our walking tours.
Each year more than 20,000 walkers experience San Francisco up close and personal with City Guides. Don't let your organization miss out on seeing San Francisco as they have never seen it before. For a modest donation, let us arrange a private tour for your group. Click here for a complete list of City Guides tours.
For an unforgettable excursion, click here to contact us about arranging a tour for your group.
San Francisco City Guides offers a unique experience to enhance your students' classroom experiences. For your next field trip, join a trained volunteer guide to discover San Francisco and experience first hand the history, legends and lore of San Francisco. Five tours are available for school groups:
1906 Earthquake & Fire
From South of Market to Union Square, explore how a massive earthquake toppled buildings, ripped apart city water pipes, & led to a fire that burned for 3 days.
Explore colorful alleys & side streets. See shops selling everything from medicinal herbs to gold jewelry.
Learn about swimmers who survived (or didn't) the treacherous bay, the baseball great whose dad wanted him to be a fisherman, and what is underneath Aquatic Park.
Golden Gate Bridge
Learn how San Francisco's world famous landmark was built and by whom.
Gold Rush City
Relive the early history of San Francisco. Walk the Streets of Yerba Buena Cove, the haunts of the original 49ers.
View a wide range of murals, examining their subject matters, location and relationships to the neighborhood.
To schedule your school tour with San Francisco City Guides please follow these steps:
1. Determine the tour and possible dates for your trip with San Francisco City Guides.
2. Complete and submit the online school tours form at http://sfcityguides.org/schooltours . (Click here.) Our school tours coordinator will contact you to discuss the details of your day with City Guides. Please allow at least 3-4 weeks.
3. Once we have a guide confirmed for your tour we will send you a confirmation letter via email.
4. Send in your $50 deposit to hold the tour for your group. Full payment is due on the day of the tour (discounted rate of $5/student).
5. Plan your transportation and have sufficient chaperones (recommended 1 adult per 8 students).
6. On the day of the tour be sure to bring a cell phone in case of emergencies.